Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lisey's Story

I did read another book called The Perfect Thing about the creation of and the impact of iPods I really dug it and realized I LOVE my iPod it kind of is my favorite thing but it was hard to really muster up all the enthusiasm for basically what is a love note. So the next book was Lisey's Story the thing about reading is that it is its own weird thing for some reason I could not get into this book and it took me a while to really read it at first. Then when I realized my reading muscle was getting flabby I made a vow to read one hour a day no TV just me and the author.I finished the book about 4 days later. Now enough background King is one of my favorite authors he is great at putting ordinary people into extraordinary situations and because he gets the details right you can empathisize with them. He also has a character that has his voice and dpeaks his secret language. I like that about him unfortunately I could not get past the babytalk this character he has constantly use it really distracted me. Also maybe it is me but I don't like when his metaphors become a real thing I justust did not like it I do reccomend you read this because the ending is beyond moving it will make you weep and it is earned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home