Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hannibal Rising By Thomas Harris

Certain characters and stories you want to hear more from regardless of how the quality is diminishing the number of times the main creative force behind the story keeps drawing from the well. I'm thinking of Star Wars The Matrix world. I LOVE those stories I'm sorry kind of geeky i know but they are fun and blew me away I know the sequels/prequels are inferior on a gut level I know this and accept it yet it is fun to go back to those worlds and kind of play. Hannibal Lectar is a great character and yes some of the greatness of Hannibal is the mystery and his ability to be really a minor character yet really make you think of him while he is not the center of attraction. Hannibal was not as effective for me because he was the main attraction it dilute his power. That being said i know this yet if Harris wants to keep using him I will not complain these books are fun and for me that is what matters. The concept of this is flawed in my opinion you are not supposed to know Hannibal's secrets and reason for being he just is like a force of nature and really the one thing that did not work for me was the explanation for eating human flesh. I just wanted assumed Hannibal had a more advanced taste palette than we did humans taste good and we just can't get past the whole cannibal aspect like Hannibal can. I know I am not talking about the plot or anything here so what everyone knows Hannibal Rising traces the story of a young killer getting to know his way in the world. The actual plot doesn't matter it is just another way like I said to go to that world and I'm sorry I dig that world

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home