Monday, March 12, 2007

Perfect From Now On By John Sellers

I'm a sucker for books like this . Perfect From Now On reminds me of Chuck Klosterman's work. Meaning a lot of popculture references and an obsessed fan. that shouldn't be a surprise seeing as how Klosterman blurbed this book. My last nonfiction book was was the Rob Sheffield book which this book really reminds me of. The book is really the transformation of an awkward teenage boy with an unhealthy Duran Duran fixation into a hipster with musical taste better than yours or mine. If that sounds bitter I don't mean it to Sellers has a real talent for making me angry with his cooler than you musical tstes yet somehow he really makes me or anyone my age see ourself. I would love to hang out with him and have beers if only to explain why he is wrong in some cases. I just have to say he really does put himself out there and he know what kind of criticism he is going to take. One last thing, there is a little gimmick of making the book HEAVILY footnoted and while it could be annoying I didn't mind it one bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home